Bachelor of Science in Mathematics (Honors)
Duration: Three year full time graduate degree programme
The B.Sc.(Hons.) Mathematics programme involves basic studies of the subject lying a strong foundation which would support employability as well as background for higher studies. Also, this programme provides a good measure of flexibility and choice as per interest. Apart from Mathematics, students will also be able to learn Physics, Chemistry, Computers and Environment & Ecology in this course. While pursuing a B.Sc.(Hons.) Mathematics degree from Invertis University, students will develop experimental knowledge(through MATLAB) and analytical & conceptual skills. With an objective to foster the analytical skills among the students, B.Sc. Mathematics is the best for the learners who want to formulate the Computational & Mathematical approach.
Minimum 50 %( 45% FOR SC/ST) Marks in 10+2 with PCM as a major subject.
On the basis of merit/IUCET.
Mathematics is a universal subject. If you choose to pursue a B.Sc. in Mathematics, there will be a lot many options that you will be able to chose from. You can work in different areas such as:
1. Mathematician - You can choose to pursue research (become a scientist) in your area of interest in Maths. And if you choose research, you can go into the teaching sector also. Check out institutes like TIFR Mumbai, IMSc Chennai, Harish Chandra Research Institute Allahabad, IISC, IIT’s etc.
2. Chartered Accountancy - If you like auditing, taxes and accounting, you can think of preparing for CA too.
3. Banking - Banking is another sector that you can get into with Mathematics.
4. Actuarial Sciences - If you love data and Maths, actuarial sciences would be a great field for it.
5. Data Analysis/Operations Analysis/Project Development - If you want to work in the private sector, you can look at these profiles.
6. Military Operations - Mathematics degree would also allow you to work in the military sector, scientists are always required to work with military and development (DRDO, ISRO, NAL, SETS, etc.). You can also join the navy as a Commissioned Officer in their education or logistics branch.
7. Market Researcher - There are a lot of companies that you can work with to identify market patterns and trends, and help in analyzing these trends.
Fees: 0.30 Lac(s) / per year